Sunday, June 24, 2012

Motif #18 & 19 - Anniversary bookmark


These bookmarks are from Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns and its the Anniversary edging. The left one is made with unknown varigated yellow and DMC brown in size 20. The yellow was the first time I made that pattern and it wasn't until after I finished that I discovered that there was an extra picot on each flower. The other one is Lizabeth #166 Pink Cocoa. I don't care for pink but I do like the pink and brown combo. On the pink and brown one, I paid closer attention to the pattern, (and turned off the TV) and it turned out better, with the expecption of an extra petal on the bottom end flower. But you probably wouldn't have noticed unless I pointed it out, huh? ;) 

I read a lot of tatting blogs, and I don't notice other peoples mistakes unless they point it out and even then after zooming in on the photo I still can't find it unless it's a glaring mistake like rabbit ears on a seahorse. The only misktake that I notice and that bothers me is people who put antennas on dragonflies. Dragonflies don't have antennas. Well, actually they do, but they are so super tiny, that it wouln't be worth the time to make them, but they aren't long ones like on butterflies. That is something that bothers me.

.

4 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful, I love the color choices for this pattern, really nice like flowers in the field! Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bookmarks. You're right, I don't go looking for mistakes in other people's work, and I don't suppose many people do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these flowers and they would make a nice necklace too. I fine I hard to see my own mistakes let alone others. I think we just feel so guilty cause we know they are there no one else does.

    ReplyDelete